10/23/08

He survived the hurricane and tremors...

Hi Mom and Dad

Life is great here in Tortola. I love it more and more everyday. The hurricane was nothing, just lots of rain and wind. Sorry for the no email last week, with the hurricane the electricity was out for most of the day. Oh, I woke up to my bed shaking...I thought I was dreaming, Elder Dixon woke up too. It was a tremor. I am loving these cool experiences here. Elder Dixon and I are waiting for the boat, we are going to Virgin Gorda for the day. I am excited. That puts me up to 5 islands, Puerto Rico, Vieques, Tortola, St. Thomas, and Virgin Gorda, so sweet. We had a really good day at Church on Sunday. We had 42 people show up, which is incredibly awesome, because a year ago, it was like 15. The Lord has blessed this place so much. I just have to work a little harder to keep the pace that it is growing. It is insane, because before no one ever baptized in the Bristish Virgin Islands, it is truly amazing. The Lord loves his people, that is a bit of a understatement, I don't think we really understand how much. I know how much I love my family, and know that he loves us that much and more. How cool is that? We had our investigators Sheldon, Rob and Esther at church. They are coming along, and should be baptized this next month. It is amazing how much love for us the branch members have, Sherman our branch mission leader gave me a shirt from Guyanna, his wife Babeenie had made it for him. It is sad that almost everyone on this island has left their family to come to work here. They work for $4-5 dollars a hour. They are all just trying to make it better for their families and to better themselves. I more than likely will be here for the next 2 transfers, so that will take thru Christmas. I am a bit sad to not be in Puerto Rico, I loved the holidays there, and all the festivaties. Wow, can you believe this will be my last Christmas in the field? I am afraid July will be here before we know it. I love the gospel, and the opportunity to serve! Thanks for everything you do. I love you so much.
Peace, Logan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great letter. It is so neat to see these young boys grow to love the Lord and the people they serve so much. What special experiences he is having.