9/14/07

Letter Home

Friday, September 14th, 2007
Hola Madre,
Yeah I got the ties I absolutely loved them by the way I thinks it is American probably but not really sure so I am going to call in the morning on Wednesday as well as that afternoon. I am definitely going to call all the family and if there is time I might call a friend but probably not. This week has definitely been a long one, I am just so ready to get out of this place it gets a little annoying after while, just because we have been here so long. I saw Jeff I gave him a hug, he looked like he had no idea of where he was at its kind of funny seeing the new people come in because it’s just a big shock and it’s basically like you are living in some little dream world. Today was the last time that I get to go to the temple for two years that kind of stinks but its all good. So when does Dad and all of them get back? Am I going to be able to talk to them? So we heard from Richard Hinckley this last Tuesday that was pretty cool to say that I have been to a meeting with him and I even got to shake his hand. He is a really good speaker. So how is everyone else? How are the niece and nephews? Make sure that you tell them that I love them. I love getting little things from Gracie, always fun. If you could dear elder me my address in Puerto Rico we have not gotten a thing from them in the mail which is kind of surprising considering none of us ever got anything. We don’t really know what to expect when we get to Puerto Rico were all just kind of hoping that there is going to be a sign for us or something we don’t know. I know it will be fine but something would be great. Just dear elder me everyone’s phone numbers so that I can call them. When did you send the letters and things will they be there when I get there. So the Spanish has come so far I can’t believe how mush I know the crazy part is that I can teach the lessons in Spanish, it’s so insane. I really just can wait to be in Puerto Rico because I can actually get out there and teach people instead of always teaching fake investigators that will be way exciting. Yeah I know Max left on Tuesday I got a picture with him so that is pretty cool. He came in over a month after me and gets to leave before me, that is pretty messed up. Oh so your question about speaking the language this whole last week we have been speaking Spanish all the time so that is pretty cool. It’s called hsi or hable su idioma, speak your language. You learn so much more when you are practicing your language all the time because you are showing the lord that you really care about learning the language and showing how much you want something, and then he will give you the gift of tongues because you can say that you have been doing the best that you possibly can. Its been pretty cool at time speaking only Spanish but it gets so frustrating at the same time because there are so many things that you want to say but you cant so that gets a bit frustrating. Other than that it’s been way good. I am really just so excited to be out of this place 9 weeks of it and you will have definitely have had enough time in. I feel bad for people like Daniel who have to be here for 12 weeks like Daniel. But there are people that can handle it and Daniel will do just fine. So I hear that he loves the Mhong Book of Mormon that I gave him they have them in the bookstore. I decided to write my testimony in Spanish just for the fun of it I thought it would be funny to have a mhong book of Mormon with Spanish testimony in the front. Well Chelsea is engaged? So that is insane, is it the same guy she has been dating? Tell her congrats for me. She will probably have two kids by the time I get home that’s just crazy. Well I love you and have a good week.
Elder Wells

No comments: