9/25/07

First Letter from Puerto Rico

Tuesday, September 25th, 2007
Dear Family,
So well things are great I enjoy serving a lot. I really don’t think that I have ever walked so much in my entire life. I walk more now than when I sold candy. We have a car but we have to share it so we have it on the weekends which are way cool. It’s a good break. Oh yeah I never told you that I spoke in the MTC the last week we were there. It wasn’t a surprise I kind of knew I was going to have to. And I have to speak in church this Sunday. I am so excited not really. I hate public speaking but the people are really nice so they will understand why I suck so badly. Talking is not my favorite especially in Spanish. I am going to take some pics of my neighborhood and send them to you. Hahahahha along with the memory card. But if you haven’t got my letter yet I am opening up the area of conovanas meaning that there was not any missionaries in my area before me or they have not been there in a really long time. But what I and my companion have been doing is just trying to find people to teach basically we try to contact everyone that we see so that we can be successful. It’s hard because you have an area book where it has lots of names and such and ours has none so we have to find people. So my experience when we were landing on Puerto Rico it looked so pretty and it is and then we grabbed our luggage and walked outside and seriously instantly I started to sweat never in my life had I experienced something like that it was way crazy but cool at the same time. Then we stayed the night in the mission office and then went to the chapel where we met and found out where we would be serving. When he told me I was opening an area I was scared out of my mind. Seriously then it was all good. When I got to my area I was a little scared because its not the best area but as I walked around I felt that this is where the lord wants me and there are people around in my area waiting to hear the message of the restored gospel and I just have to have the faith to find those people. It’s so exciting. But what else is new with you?I will share a couple of stories so we have talked to many people, we talked to a guy last night he was sitting underneath a light pole and he looked really sad so we shared basically the first lesson with him and then we gave him a pamphlet we committed him to read the pamphlet he said he would and we left him with a prayer, then as we were leaving he had already started to read the pamphlet so I hope that he reads the whole thing and prays about it and receives and answer we are going to teach him tonight so hopefully he reads it because we want to have a real investigator that would be so cool. But we have met many people that is all we do all day long we have had many appts with people but we come by at that time and they never answer the door. This brings me to something else that is really cool so you don’t knock on doors here. You sit in front of there doors and yell muy buenas tardes o muy buenas noches. Pretty cool. We have the rain forest in our area so were allowed to go there on our P day we definitely will go and do that sometime. That will be pretty cool. So one of the weirdest things about Puerto Rico is that there are urbanizations everywhere and then right next door are huge Forrest’s or jungles and little houses in the middle of them. The language is coming along pretty good. The people are so hard to understand here. The first day I don’t think that I could understand a single word that was being said but now I am starting to catch on thank goodness. But I can talk about the gospel fine it’s just when they want to say something back to me when I can’t understand them. Ha-ha I just smile and act like I know what they are saying even though I don’t they think I do that is the funny part. But things are great. So the reason why we did not have p day yesterday was because we had zone conference so we had to do that. I forgot to get the Elder’s Mom’s email address’s but we have training meetings every Saturday and I see Alexander Olsen Drollete Hadley and Monson so that is way cool. Drollete and Hadley are in my zone so that is way cool and exciting because I will see them for a while. Well I love you so much thanks for everything. Send me some more pics of me and my friends and the family maybe some of the dogs. Oh yeah I am loosing weight. Remember how the dark blue pants never fit? Well now they fit so that is way cool. And the littler belt fits me I can go three holes in. And the big belt doesn’t fit me anymore it is to big it doesn’t keep my pants up so that is way cool. Well love you all! Thanks for everything!
PEACE and LOVE,
Elder Wells

No comments: