1/19/08

Letter January 16th, 2008

Dear Family,

How was your week? Mine was awesome!

Yes, tranfers are next week. I cannot believe how fast time is going. To think I have been here almost 6 transfers, and 6 months of my mission is gone. Tell Colten, it goes by faster than he will think.

The girl Nayda's baptism was postponed for a week, so it should happen this Sunday. She is a sweet girl who comes to church every week with her Uncle Joseph Smith, and her Aunt Maria. We have been teaching another boy, a Grandson of a member of the Ward.

The spanish is coming along. I am not fluent, but I can communicate pretty well now. Elder Polanco's mom lives in Florida, but he was raised by his Grandma in the Dominican Republic. He really doesn't get much mail or packages.

Yes, I got the package. I always love the cookies from Sweet Cakes, I can eat them in a day. I was suprised the belt fit. I have lost about 30 pounds with all this bike riding, which is good.

So, Colten has to buy a trench coat.. Sometimes I wish I would get cold. It rains here all the time, sometimes we get so wet we have to go home and put our clothes in the dryer. I will send you a picture of me all wet! You will never see a picture of me on a bike with a helmet, so plan on that one. Ha Ha.

I am so happy that Granpa went thru the temple, I wish I could have been there too. Well again Thanks for everything you do. I loved the newsletter as always. I don't understand that Chase is going to to Mexico and speaking French?

I love you all. I just sent a tape home you should get it soon. Peace, Elder Wells

No comments: