8/31/08

Wednesday, August 27th, 2008

Hi Mom and Dad!
My experience this past week has been
absolutely amazing I love it here so much its awesome my favorite part is that I can wake up ever morning and look outside and see mountains on the left and right and then a straight look at the beach which is cool, I am literally serving in paradise! You asked if St. Thomas was in my zone and it is. It is right next to us, its about a 45 minute boat ride to get there that is where the Zone Leaders are so once every transfer we get to take a boat over there have a conference there, so that is going to be awesome! We do have a couple missionaries on our island there names are the Solomon’s and they are from Snowflake,AZ they are super sweet they help us out a lot! There are us and the senior couple on this island. We have two Elders that are on Virgin Gorda that come over once a week for district meetings, that are in our district so that is cool. I love the people here, they talk to you as everything is a story and they are hilarious and so awesome. You asked if I use my Spanish well happens that there are lots of Dominicans that come here for work so we have a Spanish group here. Which is way cool so I gave a talk in Spanish last week for the Sacrament meeting, they meet in the night for an hour. My companion is on his fifth transfer here so he is getting a little bit lazy but its all good because he is cool and he has had lots of success. I am hoping that he gets out of here next transfer just because its getting hard for him to work.I feel as if I am in a totally different mission. I sent home a letter but it takes like two weeks I forgot that you guys were moving, so it will probably take longer. We have two baptismal dates that we gave this week one to a lady her name is Diana she is super cool she is Indian but is way awesome she cooks Indian food for us every time we go ever so that has been cool getting some different types of food. Then there is Manuel who speaks Spanish so its been cool teaching in Spanish because my companion does not know Spanish very well so I have been doing a lot of that work. Will you call Lillian to tell her that I got sent to an island and I am sorry that I didn’t have the chance to say good bye, everything happened so fast she knew that I was leaving but I didn’t even know I was going to an island until like the night before.The Branch here is so awesome there was like a record high of like 42 people in church, the church is a rented space at the top of a three story building so that is cool. I love it here and tell everyone that I love
them! Love, Logan

No comments: